Should the March meet go ahead ?

Opinions Please

Re: Should the March meet go ahead ?

Postby Rob » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:44 pm

I have been in contact with the owning company twice in recent weeks trying to find out what the situation is after lockdown.

After first of all asking me if I wanted to take the pub on ( I said no ! ) they have now confirmed that they are recruiting so I can only guess that means Damon has left, which is bad news because it means it wont be straight back to business as usual after lockdown and without a tenant in there we have no meetings, so possibility the 1st meet of the year might be September or worst case none this year at all.

The owning company do not enter into any conversation just a few words in reply so still some mystery around it all, maybe Damon was still in a period when he could pull out of the deal, and he may ressurect it when lockdown ends but i think we can only take things at face value and plan for worst case which could be another venue on a temporary basis when we are allowed to meet again.
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:21 pm

Thanks Rob

It's all ifs and buts and maybes at the moment but I think there's no harm in lining up an alternative venue to atleast give us a chance to meet this year.

Must be pubs with long term tennents who'd welcome the trade
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:02 am

Popped to the Ashes yesterday, not expecting much change from last time and there wasn't, no sign of life, concrete blocks still present which prevent access to the fields.

The main car park is still accessible and near the entrance to the pub was some horse manure, didn't take a picture as you know what it looks like !

Hope its not an ominous sign of things to come !!
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Bernard » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:19 am

It doesn't sound at all encouraging. Quite a lot of pubs around and about have been showing signs of frantic activity, presumably preparing the premises for a "socially distanced" opening. For example, erecting outdoor shelters. Others, on the other hand, appear abandoned.
Bernard
Nano Crew

Postby sewerman » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:23 am

Perhaps it was to help the football field grow ???

Think as things are easing lockdown wise we may need start putting the feelers out for an alternative for this year though.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby squire » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:49 am

4th, July, the pubs should begin to open up, whether the Ashes does is the big question, I'm sure those that live nearby will keep an eye on it, lol.
In the meantime perhaps we could get the social nights going again? If anyone knows of a pub with a decent size car park we could hold social nights outside in the good weather.

What do you think? It's been a loooong time :confused:
:cheers: Martyn
squire

Postby sewerman » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:43 am

squire wrote:4th, July, the pubs should begin to open up, whether the Ashes does is the big question, I'm sure those that live nearby will keep an eye on it, lol.
In the meantime perhaps we could get the social nights going again? If anyone knows of a pub with a decent size car park we could hold social nights outside in the good weather.

What do you think? It's been a loooong time :confused:
:cheers: Martyn
There's always the Harrows down the road

Only thing is i think its still groups of 6 who are allowed to meet from separate households?

But if we sit in sixs at different tables we should be ok .

Think we would all enjoy a corvid secure pint in a pub.

sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby squire » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:50 pm

I think you're right Scott, groups of 6 outside from any household is ok as long as common sense is used.
Maybe see how many "want" to come on the next social night and to put their names down on here, have the meeting outside at the Harrows weather permitting. Anyone who is uncomfortable or doesn't feel safe is best staying at home for their own sake just to be on the safe side. Although things are getting better getting over the final hurdles will take some time I feel.

Did a drive by the Ashes today, 24th, still no sign of life, no windows open, just a white car on the car park parked to the back opposite the main entrance. Steve (Arctic) suggested trying Sandeforde transport cafe up the road as a possible alternative venue for the Nano meets.

Martyn
squire

Postby sewerman » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:00 pm

Im up for a social

sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby squire » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:21 pm

sewerman wrote:Im up for a social

As I am too :cheers: :clap: That's two of us, lol.
Martyn
squire

PreviousNext

Return to Meet Venue Updates