The Four Ashes Rides again !( the sequel )

Opinions Please

The Four Ashes Rides again !( the sequel )

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:14 pm

Well good news at last, the new tenant Michelle has taken the pub on with her husband and is in there now preparing to open.

Michelle said she is happy for us to use the field and I said when the pub is open we can have another chat as our potential 1st meet of the year is not until September.

She has pub experience as she already runs the Blue Brick at Brierley Hill, and is now taking on the White Lion in Walsall aswell as the Four Ashes

Michelle knows the pub as comes from the area and used to drink in the Ashes when Nigel was the landlord ( Nigel was the landlord when we first got the Ashes as a Nano meet venue a number of years ago )

She also helped out one of the other tenants who had the Ashes and worked there for a while.

She is a car and bike fan, she owns the older Porsche Cayenne parked outside and has a BMW Z3 plus she was buying a Lotus but it has problems and may go back. She also owns 3 classic Excelsior motorbikes a 1951, 1952 and 1957 and is in the owners club
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: The Four Ashes Rides again !( the sequel )

Postby ARCTIC » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:52 am

I vaguely remember her from back then she seemed an easy going person, therefore we should be ok, i wonder if it worth asking if she needs any help maybe tidy up the field or outside the football changing rooms etc, if so the crew could get together and pitch in ?maybe fill a skip if she is having one just to show willing that she as our support, on another subject regarding the crew it needs updating as a few have left or no longer attend, also maybe worth asking the crew that are active if they still want to be crew, some may not due to Covid 19 or other issues.

As we are only 4 weeks away from our intended 12th 13th September meet it may be prudent to meet up one Saturday or Sunday lets say 29th 30th August on the field, that way we can plan how we intend to keep the cars at least 2 meters apart ie car miss a car and so on, i know i have mentioned this already in another thread but we need to be vigilant as this virus as not gone away, it is also best to show we are taking it vigilant, with earnest intent; not lightly or superficially, personally i think the gate to the field should be manned by a crew member, and once we think that all the spaces have been taken up the gate closed, after that it should be one car out one in, those that visit with NONE Rover cars need to leave them on the car park, those that may not want or need help with their car can also park on the car park, just a few ideas i think we need to discuss. :thumb:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:55 pm

Just a thought but could we look at the field at the end of the football pitches it's much bigger so more space for us to be Corvid secure for the next two meets ?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Bernard » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:16 pm

ARCTIC wrote:
As we are only 4 weeks away from our intended 12th 13th September meet it may be prudent to meet up one Saturday or Sunday lets say 29th 30th August on the field, that way we can plan how we intend to keep the cars at least 2 meters apart ie car miss a car and so on, i know i have mentioned this already in another thread but we need to be vigilant as this virus as not gone away, it is also best to show we are taking it vigilant, with earnest intent; not lightly or superficially, personally i think the gate to the field should be manned by a crew member, and once we think that all the spaces have been taken up the gate closed, after that it should be one car out one in, those that visit with NONE Rover cars need to leave them on the car park, those that may not want or need help with their car can also park on the car park, just a few ideas i think we need to discuss. :thumb:

Let us not lose sight of the fact that it's not the cars that need to be "socially distanced" but we do. For me, that's the bigger problem.
However, we are meeting outside; we are, I hope, all sensible adults and by now aware of the risks and capable of being responsible for ourselves; the loosening of regulations about weddings, cinema attendance etc. which are indoors. So I am happy to take any risk to me where I fell that I have control of it. For example, I'm driving out to Germany tomorrow, not flying, because the close confined space of an aircraft I consider too great a risk.
Bernard
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:28 pm

Bernard wrote:
ARCTIC wrote:

Let us not lose sight of the fact that it's not the cars that need to be "socially distanced" but we do. For me, that's the bigger problem.
However, we are meeting outside; we are, I hope, all sensible adults and by now aware of the risks and capable of being responsible for ourselves; the loosening of regulations about weddings, cinema attendance etc. which are indoors. So I am happy to take any risk to me where I fell that I have control of it. For example, I'm driving out to Germany tomorrow, not flying, because the close confined space of an aircraft I consider too great a risk.

Hi Bernard.
I agree the cars parked at a distance is just a small measure, which then should lead onto the fact if any car is being worked on then the person whom is helping must be given the space to do so, not be crowded round, if the owner is tackling the job for himself first time then advise from a distance should be given and stuck to, if tools are passed then wear gloves, its all about thinking before acting, as you have in driving and not flying ;) have a good safe journey.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby derek v » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:23 pm

Fantastic news,
If you the crew or the pub need any help cleaning up the field and outside the changing rooms. Just say and i Will be there.Been a long time waiting for the pub to start again.
derek v

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:52 pm

We need to make sure that the meet can go ahead in September just in case the brewery are still not allowing gatherings on their land.

I will find out tomorrow if the Ashes is open and post back here , and if so we can meet for the social on Tuesday at say 7pm on the car park, I can then ask Michelle what she thinks about our September meet.

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby derek v » Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:53 pm

Oh sorry Rob i thought you already had the go ahead from the new tenant. if you are there Tuesday and get the go ahead then and need help sorting the field i will give a hand. I cant get there Tuesday night because i work nights.
derek v

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:50 am

No problem Derek the offer of help is much appreciated, the tenant has given us permission but just need to make sure what restrictions the brewery might have ( if any ) in the current climate

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:43 pm

The Ashes has not yet opened so can we say meet at the Harrows on Tuesday around 7.15pm for the social night and to discuss Sept & Oct meets.

It was always going to be a tall order to get the Ashes open in a few days for one thing they will probably be waiting on deliveries.

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Next

Return to Meet Venue Updates