The Four Ashes Rides again !( the sequel )

Opinions Please

Re: The Four Ashes Rides again !( the sequel )

Postby squire » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:49 pm

Rob wrote:The Ashes has not yet opened so can we say meet at the Harrows on Tuesday around 7.15pm for the social night and to discuss Sept & Oct meets.

It was always going to be a tall order to get the Ashes open in a few days for one thing they will probably be waiting on deliveries.

Thanks for the update Rob, I intend to be there, my friend John can't make due to a prior engagement.

:cheers: Martyn
squire

Postby Duncan » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:59 am

We also have to be careful about the rules that are still in place. Amongst others, I believe gatherings of more than 30 people, even outdoors is not allowed, unless hosted by a business following Covid secure rules. Where would the ashes stand on that?

If it does come to clearing up, I do have a decent petrol strimmer I could bring.

I think one of the most difficult things to keep safe would be the T4 sessions so if we do get the September one going, I'm pretty sure I won't bring it. On the other hand I'd really like to come, at least to see everyone. I've hardly met anyone since March as I'm no longer working.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby jamie » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:15 am

Rob wrote:The Ashes has not yet opened so can we say meet at the Harrows on Tuesday around 7.15pm for the social night and to discuss Sept & Oct meets.

It was always going to be a tall order to get the Ashes open in a few days for one thing they will probably be waiting on deliveries.

Anyone fancy eating at the harrows? Me and Scott had food last time and it was decent to be fair. And don't forget its 50% off too!
jamie
Nano Crew

Postby sewerman » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:18 am

Yep very good food web site is http://www.theharrowsinn.co.uk if you want to look at the menu

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:07 pm

Duncan wrote:We also have to be careful about the rules that are still in place. Amongst others, I believe gatherings of more than 30 people, even outdoors is not allowed, unless hosted by a business following Covid secure rules. Where would the ashes stand on that?

If it does come to clearing up, I do have a decent petrol strimmer I could bring.

I think one of the most difficult things to keep safe would be the T4 sessions so if we do get the September one going, I'm pretty sure I won't bring it. On the other hand I'd really like to come, at least to see everyone. I've hardly met anyone since March as I'm no longer working.

HI Duncan.
Most certainly come without the T4, anyone whom as a car that as a fault there should be enough or us to get our heads together and solve the problem, or at least point them in the right direction, i was thinking about T4 session the other night, and how it would need to be correctly set up to be safe, this was my thought, only the T4 user in the tent, no casual viewers, person whom is having the T4 session to stay in the car and follow orders from T4 operator, ie plug in the T4 or wipe down the area around T4 socket & steering wheel seats etc before with anti-bacterial spray etc.

Name wrote on the board by one crew member allocated to do that job, no car parked down the centre of the field, once the car comes from the T4 tent it is to be parked back in the place it was before, so as you say really difficult to police but could be done with everyone following guidelines we the crew set up, and the guidelines set out be .GOV

Duncan yes it will be good to just to meet and chat as well at a distance of cause.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Meet Venue Updates