Nano Meet Sunday 26 June 2022

Please post on here if you are coming to the meet

Re: Nano Meet Sunday 26 June 2022

Postby Bogbrush82 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:47 pm

Not going to lie, that injector would not have been changed if Jamie hadn't come along and lent us his impact driver. Really appreciate it bud, and so does the car, :cheers:
Bogbrush82

Postby ARCTIC » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:20 pm

Big thank you for all those that tuned up today, old and new owners.

Decent meet once again albeit a bit windy at times, which made for some fun, don't quote me but i think about 14 came in the end, nice to see Mick from the (https://www.75ztcommunity.co.uk/) whom needed his fan sorting out gold resistor replacement, big thank you to Superchip for taking his bumper and crash bar off while i was occupied on another car, so mick went home happy.

Great to see Jamie back to his old self and getting stuck in again, so a thank you to him for helping, he tested the fan on an owners car i was working on with his T4 lite, to try and force the fan onto low speed, and fast speed, the later worked but low would not work, yet if you connected the same fan to my car it worked on the low speed, we also tried another fan i had bought with me with a gold resistor, low would not work on the owners car, same results but worked on my car, so something to solve at the next Nano meet at the new venue.

Came to rescue for bogbrush dads car when changing his injector on some foreign car can't remember what car it was :lol: some mundane thing, Jamie i will always have gloves with me :thumb:

Manage to use one of my little fix arounds on a rear door handle which had the hook broken inside the handle, worked a treat so that was good news, nice to meet a couple of new owners (Dave) Alex, thank you to Scot also for removing door card and doing the scuttle clips, true saying every little helps, hope to see a good turn out for our new venue on 6/7August cheers Arctic
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby daveo138 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:36 am

Great to meet everyone yesterday.

Thanks to Jamie for sorting a couple of issues on my car.

Looking forward to the next one.
daveo138

Postby ARCTIC » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:33 pm

ARCTIC wrote:Big thank you for all those that tuned up today, old and new owners.

Decent meet once again albeit a bit windy at times, which made for some fun, don't quote me but i think about 14 came in the end, nice to see Mick from the (https://www.75ztcommunity.co.uk/) whom needed his fan sorting out gold resistor replacement, big thank you to Superchip for taking his bumper and crash bar off while i was occupied on another car, so mick went home happy.

Great to see Jamie back to his old self and getting stuck in again, so a thank you to him for helping, he tested the fan on an owners car i was working on with his T4 lite, to try and force the fan onto low speed, and fast speed, the later worked but low would not work, yet if you connected the same fan to my car it worked on the low speed, we also tried another fan i had bought with me with a gold resistor, low would not work on the owners car, same results but worked on my car, so something to solve at the next Nano meet at the new venue.

Came to rescue for bogbrush dads car when changing his injector on some foreign car can't remember what car it was :lol: some mundane thing, Jamie i will always have gloves with me :thumb:

Manage to use one of my little fix arounds on a rear door handle which had the hook broken inside the handle, worked a treat so that was good news, nice to meet a couple of new owners (Dave) Alex, thank you to Scot also for removing door card and doing the scuttle clips, true saying every little helps, hope to see a good turn out for our new venue on 6/7August cheers Arctic

Ok so future reference when we are checking fans on a diesel, using the demist test, if the low speed does not work, and as above we checked it on my car it worked, always best to try the test with the engine running as Martin as reported back to me today that he as had the car gassed, and tried the demist test with engine running and the low speed fan is working, but if the engine is turned off then demist test will not work, have seen this before with the Chinese A/C panel fitted, so problem solved.
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby jamie » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:12 pm

ARCTIC wrote:
ARCTIC wrote:Big thank you for all those that tuned up today, old and new owners.

Ok so future reference when we are checking fans on a diesel, using the demist test, if the low speed does not work, and as above we checked it on my car it worked, always best to try the test with the engine running as Martin as reported back to me today that he as had the car gassed, and tried the demist test with engine running and the low speed fan is working, but if the engine is turned off then demist test will not work, have seen this before with the Chinese A/C panel fitted, so problem solved.

Really odd as the T4 should still force it. Suppose it's probably normal for cars made in Birmingham :clap:
jamie

Postby Duncan » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:03 pm

Regarding that fan. On the diesels the pressure switch connects directly to the fan, as well as the wires from the engine ECU. So it's possible that the pressure in the system has some effect, too.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:25 pm

Duncan wrote:Regarding that fan. On the diesels the pressure switch connects directly to the fan, as well as the wires from the engine ECU. So it's possible that the pressure in the system has some effect, too.

Hi Duncan.
Quite a mystery, as my car as no gas in it, but it would still run on the low speed, even a fan that i brought with me would not run on Martin's car on the low speed, both would work on my car, and as Jamie mentioned above the fan i brought with i tested both speeds the day before the meet at home on the T4.

I wonder will we ever find out now as it's working on both speeds again, and Martin is very pleased. :cheers:
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sunday 26 June 2022 Teddybears