Feedback from the Meet 6/7 August 2022

Please post your name here if attending the meet

Feedback from the Meet 6/7 August 2022

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:18 pm

Well I think we can say that our first meet at the new venue went well, we had 21 cars in attendance with a few non 75 or ZT amongst them but that didn't matter and the weather was glorious. I had to go in the Freelander as although I started out in the 75 it kept cutting our and I struggled home and swopped cars

There was not much work done today, as not many people there wanted jobs doing, there was a new rear door actuator fitted, rear seat cushion fixed in properly, and a small amount of electrical work on some halos and not much more but we did get a chance to take in and explore the new venue and everyone I spoke too really likes it, there were drinks available with lights snacks coming soon and certainly in time for our September meet, and hopefully it can soon become our new and permanent home

We did have a 75 V8 in attendance and a ZT V8 with a supercharger fitted by Dreadnought, plus it became an "international" meet as we were joined by Pim and his son Thomas from Club Seventyfive who were in the UK for the weekend for the RoverFest Meet at Milton Keynes on Sunday 7 August.

Pim's car is the silver tourer in the pictures which has covered 363,000 miles and is in remarkable condition for the mileage and a real credit to him, his son Thomas showed us pictures of his Rover V6 190 and his Rover 200 Coupe which also look in outstanding condition and they are both really flying the flag for the Rover brand

I would like to especially thank all those who travelled a distance to get to the meet , I say it every time but with fuel still between £6 and £7 per gallon it really is appreciated when people make such an effort to come and see us, Dave
(Stocktake) had a round trip of 200 mile to come and support us , Bernard came from Evesham and John Aston from Bromsgrove, plus there are probably others who I dont even know about, but a big thanks to everyone who came today however far you travelled , and many thanks to Bogbrush for giving me some new Alpine speakers today

We will be there again tomorrow and hope to see some of you there, my pictures from today can be found here viewtopic.php?f=208&t=682
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Feedback from the Meet 6/7 August 2022

Postby ARCTIC » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:32 pm

I agree good first turn out, as you say not much really done, i was left twiddling my thumbs most of the day, but made a changed from being manic, :lol: big thank thank you to our fellow crew member Mr stocks (Dave) for bring me the two rear exhausts for the tourer (FOC), i have a choice now to add one and do the other one up and pass it on if someone else needs it at the meet going forward (FOC).

Look forward to tomorrow, do have a few little jobs to help out with but nothing major, big thanks to all those that came it is only with your help and attendance that we can keep going so yes lets use it or lose it as the saying goes. :cheers:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:42 pm

Big thanks to Rob for finding the venue and negotiating for us to use it finger's crossed it can be our new home as it has all space and facilities we need a hardstanding for jacking up on and is quite secluded.

In 8 yrs of Nano attendance this was the first one were no bumpers were off! But could all change tomorrow who knows :confused:

See you tomorrow
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:12 am

sewerman wrote:Big thanks to Rob for finding the venue and negotiating for us to use it finger's crossed it can be our new home as it has all space and facilities we need a hardstanding for jacking up on and is quite secluded.

In 8 yrs of Nano attendance this was the first one were no bumpers were off! But could all change tomorrow who knows :confused:

See you tomorrow[/quot
e]

Hi Scott.
A bumper will be off tomorrow if Mick comes as he needs his shannon tube fitting :cheers:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:11 pm

Well another good day today, less cars with only12 in attendance but glorious sunshine yet again, not many jobs undertaken, Shannon Tube changed on Mick's V6, fixed my airbag light with some switch cleaner in the underneath connector drivers side, some loose and rattling door cards sorted, Scott's electric sunblind investigated as not closing all the way to the top.

We had 26 cars over the weekend which for our first meet was really good, and Karina who runs the on site business was happy to get £5 a car for a total of £130, and she is more than happy for us to continue so looks like we may have a permanent new home going forward into 2023

Once again although only 12 cars , several owners had travelled a good distance to support us, and it was great to see Mick and Tom in attendance as they have not been for a while, and Martyn arrived in his classic MG BGT, so big thanks to them and everyone who came over the weekend and made it a success, next one is on Saturday and Sunday 17th and 18th September and hope to see more cars there with more jobs to be done.

My pictures taken on Sunday are here on the pictures thread:

viewtopic.php?f=208&t=684

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby super chip » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:24 pm

Hello Rob. A big thank you for all the work you and the team have done to secure this great venue. The setting is fantastic and the owners of the venue were lovely. Sorry I couldn’t stay long. I had a long list of things I had to get done at home. It was nice to see Steve (Arctic ) just catching up with people, although I think he was itching to take some bumpers off. Take care everyone. See you at the next one. All the best Chris
super chip

Postby sewerman » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:35 pm

Not quite at the Nano but when I got home i used the headlight restoration kit by headlightrestore,us kindly given to be by Martin. Very impressed see pics below, sorry Andy you could be out of a job
20220807_182401.jpg

20220807_191525.jpg

20220807_191634.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:47 pm

They look amazing Scott

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby sewerman » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:50 pm

Rob wrote:They look amazing Scott

Yep was 20mins work and no bumper off :clap: just ordered 2 packs from the US £20 for my other cars
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby squire » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:55 pm

sewerman wrote:
Rob wrote:They look amazing Scott

Yep was 20mins work and no bumper off :clap: just ordered 2 packs from the US £20 for my other cars

All done by hand?

Martyn
squire

Next

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 6 & Sun 7 August 2022 Kings Road Calf Heath WV10 7DU