Please post jobs required and offers of help here

Please post your names here if attending the meet

Please post jobs required and offers of help here

Postby Rob » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:23 pm

Please post jobs required and offers of help here as it willl be useful to know what demand there is for jobs to be done so we can see what numbers are involved, so please post jobs below and offers of support to help:
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Please post jobs required and offers of help here

Postby Bermudan 75 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:49 am

Not sure if I will need any help, apart from fitting FBH. But will be available to help anyone else with anything they need doing.
Bermudan 75

Postby FrattonEnder » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:00 pm

If possible, I could do with my IPK resetting/virginising and mileage syncing with the LSM.
If I haven't done it by then, I need to fit a new fuel tank seal to the in tank pump access hole - gets a bit leaky when brimmed - so any useful advice while I'm contorting in the back would be welcome.
FrattonEnder

Postby jamie » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:44 pm

FrattonEnder wrote:If possible, I could do with my IPK resetting/virginising and mileage syncing with the LSM.
If I haven't done it by then, I need to fit a new fuel tank seal to the in tank pump access hole - gets a bit leaky when brimmed - so any useful advice while I'm contorting in the back would be welcome.

Highline or Lowline IPK?

It is a fairly involved job as it involves a full strip of the IPK to get to the eeprom chip. If you can get it virginised pre nano a quick T4 session will get it programmed. Virginising isn't something that I would be comfortable doing at a nano.
jamie

Postby ARCTIC » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:45 pm

FrattonEnder wrote:
If possible, I could do with my IPK resetting/virginising and mileage syncing with the LSM

As above get it sent off to Big Russ or Rick-sta MarinaBrian

The IPK is removed to virginise it, the existing eprom is reprogrammed to suit whatever vehicle the ipk is going to be installed in.

Any IPK can be reused on any car (except the V8's) the only differences are the dials and backlight colours.

With the exception of cars fitted with KMB sounder for PDC, where earlier models of IPK do not support this.

If you can get it Virginised before the Nano meet, Duncan should be able to do it for you with a T4 session which is FOC, if he is attending, you will not be charged for any T4 work carried out at a Nano meet, them's the rules.

What IPK do you have i have a few spares in the Nano FOC box so i could get one posted out to you before then and you can get it virginised, ready for the meet that way you would not need to remove your IPK, let me know.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby FrattonEnder » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:25 pm

ARCTIC wrote:
FrattonEnder wrote:
If possible, I could do with my IPK resetting/virginising and mileage syncing with the LSM

The IPK is removed to virginise it, the existing eprom is reprogrammed to suit whatever vehicle the ipk is going to be installed in.

Any IPK can be reused on any car (except the V8's) the only differences are the dials and backlight colours.

With the exception of cars fitted with KMB sounder for PDC, where earlier models of IPK do not support this.

If you can get it Virginised before the Nano meet, Duncan should be able to do it for you with a T4 session which is FOC, if he is attending, you will not be charged for any T4 work carried out at a Nano meet, them's the rules.

What IPK do you have i have a few spares in the Nano FOC box so i could get one posted out to you before then and you can get it virginised, ready for the meet that way you would not need to remove your IPK, let me know.

Cheers for the info Steve. It's the old school version with no message centre. There was me thinking it was more of a plug in and reprogram via the T4. As it's not a major issue (MOT mileage stacks up), it's just the very minor annoyance of the trip meter displaying Err all the time, I might shelve this for the time being.
FrattonEnder

Postby jamie » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:25 pm

FrattonEnder wrote:
ARCTIC wrote:
FrattonEnder wrote:

Cheers for the info Steve. It's the old school version with no message centre. There was me thinking it was more of a plug in and reprogram via the T4. As it's not a major issue (MOT mileage stacks up), it's just the very minor annoyance of the trip meter displaying Err all the time, I might shelve this for the time being.

If the mileage is ok on the speedo, the VIN can easily be changed in the LSM to get rid of the Err. Takes about 2 mins. That would sort that until you get a virginised speedo.
jamie

Postby ARCTIC » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:02 pm

FrattonEnder wrote:Cheers for the info Steve. It's the old school version with no message centre. There was me thinking it was more of a plug in and reprogram via the T4. As it's not a major issue (MOT mileage stacks up), it's just the very minor annoyance of the trip meter displaying Err all the time, I might shelve this for the time being.
[/quote][/quote]

That's no problem, waiting can sometimes be best just let me know by PM on here or on the OC if you decide to move forward and i can get an IPK out to you should you need it, :thumb: also if yours is happening all of the time then the chances are that your Light Switch Module has been changed over and not programmed in correctly, or worse case is that someone has tried to fiddle the mileage on the car, i also have several virginised LSM which i keep for the Nano should anyone need one, therefore if you make the next meet you could have one coded into your car (FOC)

What year is your car 2002 by any chance
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby FrattonEnder » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:42 pm

ARCTIC wrote:
FrattonEnder wrote:Cheers for the info Steve. It's the old school version with no message centre. There was me thinking it was more of a plug in and reprogram via the T4. As it's not a major issue (MOT mileage stacks up), it's just the very minor annoyance of the trip meter displaying Err all the time, I might shelve this for the time being.
[/quote]

What year is your car 2002 by any chance[/quote]
2005 according to the registration, though I've a feeling she was built at the end of 2004.
If Jamie's suggestion is a simple T4 job then that's all I'm really looking for.
FrattonEnder

Postby ARCTIC » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:39 pm

FrattonEnder wrote:
ARCTIC wrote:

That's no problem, waiting can sometimes be best just let me know by PM on here or on the OC if you decide to move forward and i can get an IPK out to you should you need it, :thumb: also if yours is happening all of the time then the chances are that your Light Switch Module has been changed over and not programmed in correctly, or worse case is that someone has tried to fiddle the mileage on the car, i also have several virginised LSM which i keep for the Nano should anyone need one, therefore if you make the next meet you could have one coded into your car (FOC)

What year is your car 2002 by any chance

2005 according to the registration, though I've a feeling she was built at the end of 2004[/quote].

If Jamie's suggestion is a simple T4 job then that's all I'm really looking for.[/quote
]

Ok then if that's the case, it should be possible at the meet, although i don't think you are to far from Terry Shaw TSAuto's what he doesn't know about our cars is not worth knowing, top bloke and will have it sorted in a jiffy.
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Next

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 17 & Sun 18 Sept 2022 Kings Road Calf Heath WV10 7DU