Please post jobs required and any offfers of help here

Please post here if attending the meet

Please post jobs required and any offfers of help here

Postby Rob » Tue May 14, 2024 10:45 am

Please post jobs required and offers of help here as it will be useful to know what demand there is for jobs to be done so we can see what numbers are involved, and help can be managed, please post if you are able to offer help in any way
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Please post jobs required and any offfers of help here

Postby Roderick87 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:58 am

The 75 passed its MOT again in March with a couple of advisories. The main one being: Play in steering rack inner joint (s) There a few other items I’d like some advice about if possible?

The car has an annoying steering twitch/wobble which might have been caused by MOT advisory: New inner tie rods I hoped might have cured it, sourced from DMGRS as they should fit. Local garage were reluctant to use customer parts but in view of age of car agreed to. Regrettably the new rods didn’t fit. Mechanic showed me comparison photos, and the originals were OK anyway, so refitted them. (DMGRS refunded parts)
Garage said it may be the steering rack but couldn’t be sure.

I have since taken car to Jules in Wales to have replacement solenoid contacts replaced. He said the steering twitch might be due to a drive shaft??
If possible could I ask some very knowledgeable guy take the car for a spin and get an opinion please?

The handbrake had a replacement Artic compensator fitted back in 2015/16 but has become slack. Is it possible to tighten?

One of the main beam headlamps vibrates a lot when idling. Is that due to a rubber damper or something else?

The reversing sensors function but can be intermittent meaning all I get is a constant beeeeeep! I’ve looked, but can’t see anything wrong.

Finally the ashtray has always stuck out and will not close as the spring is incredibly strong. Is there a cure for that?

I have a lightly used All Season Firestone tyre – size 215/50 R17 No good to me as it was for a FIAT and my rims are 15”. Anyone can have it for FREE.

I also have a BRAND NEW LIGHT OAK Rover 75 steering wheel for sale. I bought it for £132 several years ago for my Rover, but never used it. I have since got a dark walnut used version instead, so the oak one needs to go, ideally at least for what I paid for it. It’s still boxed and have the original invoice. If anyone is interested, I’ll bring it along. Thanks, Ray
Roderick87

Postby ARCTIC » Wed May 15, 2024 10:03 am

Roderick87 wrote:The 75 passed its MOT again in March with a couple of advisories. The main one being: Play in steering rack inner joint (s) There a few other items I’d like some advice about if possible?

The car has an annoying steering twitch/wobble which might have been caused by MOT advisory: New inner tie rods I hoped might have cured it, sourced from DMGRS as they should fit. Local garage were reluctant to use customer parts but in view of age of car agreed to. Regrettably the new rods didn’t fit. Mechanic showed me comparison photos, and the originals were OK anyway, so refitted them. (DMGRS refunded parts)
Garage said it may be the steering rack but couldn’t be sure.

I have since taken car to Jules in Wales to have replacement solenoid contacts replaced. He said the steering twitch might be due to a drive shaft??
If possible could I ask some very knowledgeable guy take the car for a spin and get an opinion please?

The handbrake had a replacement Artic compensator fitted back in 2015/16 but has become slack. Is it possible to tighten?

One of the main beam headlamps vibrates a lot when idling. Is that due to a rubber damper or something else?

The reversing sensors function but can be intermittent meaning all I get is a constant beeeeeep! I’ve looked, but can’t see anything wrong.

Finally the ashtray has always stuck out and will not close as the spring is incredibly strong. Is there a cure for that?

I have a lightly used All Season Firestone tyre – size 215/50 R17 No good to me as it was for a FIAT and my rims are 15”. Anyone can have it for FREE.

I also have a BRAND NEW LIGHT OAK Rover 75 steering wheel for sale. I bought it for £132 several years ago for my Rover, but never used it. I have since got a dark walnut used version instead, so the oak one needs to go, ideally at least for what I paid for it. It’s still boxed and have the original invoice. If anyone is interested, I’ll bring it along. Thanks,
Ray

Hi Ray.
Compensator fitted 10 years ago have the rear brake shoes ever been clean or looked at during that time, ie adjusted at the rear drums, i would have thought they should have by now at least a couple of times in that period.

Constant beep from the reversing sensors could be wiring behind the bumper or just one of the sensors breaking down? T4 may help with diagnosis.
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Roderick87 » Wed May 15, 2024 1:51 pm

Thanks Arctic, re brakes. Yes they have, but couldn't say when. Car has in past often been on SORN. Car has a mileage of 160,000+ now and Iv'e done 59,000 of that since getting it in 2014.
If there is going to be a T4 at the Nano, I'd put my name down for it. Last time was I think in 2014...
Thanks
Roderick87

Postby longbridge75 » Fri May 17, 2024 11:37 am

Sounds silly but i'll be doing my pollen filter, don't have the patience to do it outside my house in the dark.
Also have a new fuel filter to go on but I'm not confident doing that myself.
longbridge75

Postby ARCTIC » Sun May 19, 2024 9:25 am

longbridge75 wrote:Sounds silly but i'll be doing my pollen filter, don't have the patience to do it outside my house in the dark.

Hi Tom
We can help or guide you through those two items i should imagine :thumb:
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby longbridge75 » Sun May 19, 2024 8:15 pm

ARCTIC wrote:
longbridge75 wrote:Sounds silly but i'll be doing my pollen filter, don't have the patience to do it outside my house in the dark.

Hi Tom
Great, thanks.
Is anyone bringing a polisher with them? My headlights could do with a polish, if not I’ll grab one of them little kits.
longbridge75

Postby ARCTIC » Tue May 21, 2024 11:03 pm

longbridge75 wrote:
ARCTIC wrote:

Hi Tom
Great, thanks.
Is anyone bringing a polisher with them? My headlights could do with a polish, if not I’ll grab one of them little kits.

Hi Tom.
Sadly Andy is not able to make this meet, he is the chap whom does the headlight cleaning, but may well be at the next one. :cheers:
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby daveo138 » Fri May 24, 2024 3:12 pm

Just wondering if T4 could help diagnose my cruise control problem?
daveo138

Postby Duncan » Fri May 24, 2024 5:06 pm

daveo138 wrote:Just wondering if T4 could help diagnose my cruise control problem?

It should be able to. Though most often it's the clutch switch after a clutch master cylinder change.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Next

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 25 May 2024 at Kings Road Calf Heath WV10 7DU