Black list

Any issues to report or new ideas ?

Black list

Postby Bernard » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:01 pm

I have just had great problems posting here with a big red warning appearing repeatedly that my ISP is black listed.
It did accept eventually but what is going on?
It's bad enough that email notifications from here and the Community site repeatedly are flagged as spam by gmail.
Just a minor annoyance but gmail only temporarily will accept my protestations to the contrary.
Bernard
Nano Crew

Re: Black list

Postby Rob » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:25 pm

Bernard wrote:I have just had great problems posting here with a big red warning appearing repeatedly that my ISP is black listed.
It did accept eventually but what is going on?
It's bad enough that email notifications from here and the Community site repeatedly are flagged as spam by gmail.
Just a minor annoyance but gmail only temporarily will accept my protestations to the contrary.

Hi Bernard, I will flag it up to Mick but it has been raised before and even I have been told my ISP is blacklisted and I am site admin.

Apparently it is to do with reuse of IP addresses and some are reused by ISPs even if they may have been involved in something dodgy in the past, so when you then get that IP address allocated to you you get the flak, best thing to do is reboot and get another IP address is what I was advised

Watch this space for Micks reply
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Mick » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:21 pm

My advice in all these cases is to restart your internet router to gain a new IP address. All ISPs re use all IP addresses, otherwise there would be none available eventually. :) As for your Gmail,I am not that familiar, are you able to white list senders of email? There is nothing I can do to change that.
Mick

Postby Bernard » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:02 am

Thank you Mick. The email problem is mostly involving the Community site. I have whitelisted it but it still warns me that I have done so. The next time that it rejects an email I will send you a screen shot of what it objects to.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Bernard
Nano Crew

Postby Mick » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:58 am

Bernard wrote:Thank you Mick. The email problem is mostly involving the Community site. I have whitelisted it but it still warns me that I have done so. The next time that it rejects an email I will send you a screen shot of what it objects to.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Can you forward the email (remove body text if personal). Including all headers. If Gmail allows. ( usually under view menu) You may have to copy them and paste into the body of the mail, some email clients will not send them on otherwise. If not a snapshot may be helpful.

Thanks.
Mick

Postby Bernard » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:06 pm

Sod's law of course, it hasn't done it again. But on previous form, it will start again after a while.
Bernard
Nano Crew

Return to Forum Feedback